Do you know? Chrono Trigger is a video game from the 1900s which is still up and running in the market. Reviewing the Chrono Trigger walkthrough, it may not come as a surprise that this game has improved over time. This role-playing game series has become one of the most authentic series with 100% cross-platform supportiveness. From Android to iOS, Windows to macOS, PlayStation to Xbox, and other virtual gaming consoles, it is available on all types of devices. Henceforth, it may not astound you to acknowledge that it has gained more than 50% of players alone in 2021. Not only this, but according to the record, over 2.65K Million copies of this role-playing video game are out.
So, today, we brought you a step guide to complete Chrono triggers with a 100% success rate. In simple words, we bring you a Chrono trigger walkthrough which will help you successfully accomplish the finale of five sections in the beginning. Let’s get started:
What is Chrono Trigger all about?
In the event that you are playing Chrono Trigger for the first time, the chances of you losing the first step out of confusion are high. Thus, to ease the situation, here’s what the Chrono Trigger storyline looks like in short:
According to the plot, the Chrono Trigger game series is set in a fictional yet alternative universe (focused on Earth) where Dinosaurs and ancient monsters are still alive. The Player’s character in the game has to travel through time in order to reach its final destination. However, it’s not that easy because there’s only a one-time machine. Furthermore, one has to face many enemies on different steps of the game, which remains unpredictable without the Chrono Trigger Walkthrough. Moreover, resolving quests to obtain weapons, making friends, and gathering allies also remains equally crucial in the game.
What’s the storyline or back story of the game?
The plot of the game may seem too easy for the experienced Player. More often than not, each game is about making allies, battling enemies, and resolving quests. However, Chrono triggers hold a hardcore back story. The main characters are Crono and Luca, who is in a fair in the beginning with their father in 1000 AD. However, when their father shows them the playful time machine consequently, Luca and Crono travel back in time and drop in 600 AD. Their friend Marle was the first one to travel back in time.
Now, the most exciting part of the game is that each character in the game has a backstory. For example, Marle, who travels back in time, finds herself to be a powerful figure called Princess Nadia of Guardia. In total, there are seven mainstream characters in the game. You can deduct two, which are optional if you want the game to be less complicated.
You will also be bewildered to know that Chrono Triggers have multiple endings based on what path the Player has picked? However, each end has one single challenge. And, that challenge is “Lavos,” the villain of the game. He is an alien parasite with, of course, an evil motive in mind to destroy the universe.
Last but not least, the Chrono trigger walkthrough consists of 28 mainstream walkthrough levels. Meaning, you have to pass each level to get to the final battle with Lavos. In the first part of Chrono Trigger Walkthrough, we are covering pathways from The Millenial Fair to the Trial in the castle and how to pass them?
Chrono Trigger Walkthrough: The Millenial Fair to The Trial
Now, when you enter the game, you will have to pass each location from The Millenial Fair to the Village of Magic by following the steps provided. Please note that this walkthrough will help you reach the end of the game if you don’t have any idea how to win it? Thus, it may lead to compromise in your actual gaming experience. Henceforth, go ahead at your own risk.
Before the first step, i.e.., At the Millenial Fair, you will be required to do some settings, such as changing the default name of the Player’s character – Crono to XXX. It is best if you want a custom gaming experience.
#1: The Millenial Fair
In this section, you will find yourself in Crono/XXX’s house. Remember, Crono has beginning skills for a swordsman, and he is holding a wooden sword. Now, begin the game by following instructions:
- Leave your room and come to the ground floor using stairs.
- Mom is sitting there.
- To get money, talk to her.
- Now, leave the house.
- Find the mayor’s manor house.
- Talk to him to get the money (it can happen two times).
- Similarly, you can go to different locations to get more money.
- Once you have enough money, it is time to go to Leene Square.
- While jumping up the stairs, you will encounter a girl. Talk to the girl.
- She is Marle (your best friend)
- Collect the pendant.
- Now, it is time to go to the Millenial Fair. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Next, at the fair, find the cat who is with Leene’s bell.
- Carry the cat and talk to it.
- Return the cat to the owner.
Tip: Amid the fair, the people will tempt you to sell the pendant in return for good money. Don’t do it. Also, avoid taking pink bags from the fair as it is an old man’s lunch which will bring bad karma in the future.
What to do at the fair?
- Now, go near the fountain.
- There’s a person. Talk to him/her.
- You will acknowledge Lucca’s machine and that it’s ready.
- Go in the North Direction with Marle.
- Marle will insist on stopping and purchasing candy.
- You can stop for her. But avoid the temptation of touching any buttons.
- Keep walking north until you find stairs.
- Take the stairs.
- A light will sparkle.
- Touch the light to enter the “The Dream project” section directly.
- Don’t touch it to enter the “The Queen Returns” section.
- Avoid using teleport.
- Talk to both Lucca and Marle.
- Marle will leave the room, pick her pendant up.
#2: The Queen Returns
- Walk in the west direction until you enter a Forest.
- Take a left in order to come across Mud Imp, who is the boss in Chrono trigger walkthrough.
- Now, do you find a ladder ahead in the left direction? Climb it.
- A bridge will come ahead. Cross it.
- Go up to the left to find a tonic which is a sellable item.
- Further, collect power glove and go right for more tonic.
- Avoid Inn because Toma’s information is not important.
- Now, you will find yourself in the Guardia Forest.
- Here, trees are feisty, but you can hug them to acknowledge that you are not dangerous.
- While in the forest, take the Up and Right direction, which will take you into a grove.
- Only collect the first sparkle as it is collectible. Another sparkle is only a trap. Avoid it.
- Further, now it is time to reach the mid-section of the forest.
- Here, look for a bush that is in between two trees.
- A tree will only attack you if it’s the wrong bush.
- If it doesn’t attack you, but a monster comes out of it, then it’s right bush.
- He will drop a shelter (premises) for you.
- Now, you have permanent shelter in the forest.
- Go north to leave the forest.
- Keep hugging the trees to avoid more challenges.
What to do next in the Guardia Castle?
After you leave the forest, you will find yourself in a castle. Here, there are many tempting chests that you can open but don’t. Here’s what to do next:
- First of all, go left.
- Do you see stairs?
- Take them. You will find yourself in the basement.
- Talk to the girl to calm her.
- There’s another set of stairs on the right.
- Take them. You will find yourself in the throne room.
- Take the stairs in the throne room to reach the Queen’s room.
- Have a conversation with the Queen.
- Step ahead if she asks.
- Step ahead one more time to avoid trouble.
- Now, it is time to run and accompany Lucca.
- Make sure you give a bandanna to Lucca.
#3: Chrono Trigger walkthrough: The Queen is GONE
In this section of Chrono Trigger Walkthrough, you will realize that Marle is no longer in the scene. She disappeared. To move ahead, start walking in the west direction until you reach the Cathedral.
What to do in the Cathedral?
- Here, enter the Guardia Forest once again in order to learn Fire Whirl.
- In the Cathedral, there’s a nun. Talk to her. Collect the sparkle.
- To fight Naga-ettes, withdraw Fire Whirl. However, it can be used only on one of the Naga-ettes.
- Do you see a frog? Follow his advice.
- When you check the organ, a door will appear out of the blue. Enter it.
- When you enter the door, go left first. Here, you will find chests containing tonic and revive.
- Similarly, go right and upstairs to find more chests and items to collect.
- Exit the door when you are done.
- Now, go in the up direction to find Steelsaber in the chest.
- Follow left, lower the spikes using the skull there.
- Finally, collect the power from the bucket.
In the next step, go to the hall. You will find extensive and helpful items out there. Collect them as long as you can.
Tips: Avoid fighting with monsters by hugging the right rail on the stairs. Monster will drop a shelter. Save it if you plan to come back to the Cathedral sometime. In comparison, if anything goes wrong, you may have to fight the monster, especially if the frog does not have X-Strike yet.
After fighting the monster, go back to the Queen’s room and talk. Leave the castle.
#4: We are BACK – Chrono Trigger Walkthrough
To begin with, this section has two genres. For example, if you are playing a new game, you will find yourself without shelter in Guardia castle/forest. However, if you are continuing the previous game, you will have a shelter that the monster previously dropped. Here’s what to do:
- First of all, in the Guardia’s Castle, look for the telepod with sparkle.
- When you collect the sparkle, it will take you directly to the final boss.
- And, you have to fight it. If you win the fight, the game is over here.
On the other hand, if you continue, you will find yourself back in Crono’s house, where you are with Marle. Talk about Marle to your mother. Now, it is time to leave for Guardia Castle with Marle. Tell her that her fortune didn’t tempt you. If you do otherwise, there will be consequences.
#5; The Trail – Jail Cell, Wait, or Escape
Please note that in this section, you may try to have a conversation with the jailer in order to defend yourself. However, you will go to prison anyway. But, for some reason, the authorities will not take away your wooden sword. Now, when you go to your cell, you will find a pink-colored bag already there. It has a potion which you shall drink to gain health. However, this bag is not there if you are guilty.
Furthermore, you have two options to finish the Trail. First, you can either wait till the execution date. Another option is to escape the prison, which is full of challenges. So, here are instructions on how to escape jail in Chrono Trigger:
- First of all, in the jail cell, walk up the bar up to three times.
- You will find yourself outside of prison with Lucca.
- Now, go to the execution room to find bronze mail.
- Again, open the chest placed outside to collect the Mid Tonic.
- On your right, a man is trapped in a guillotine.
- Free the man and get mid tonic from him.
- Knock out guards to avoid hand-to-hand fights.
- Once you have done this much, go to your jail cell again and drink from a pink bag to regain health and save the game.
- Now, if you want to collect more items, you can roam around the jail for hours and keep collecting.
- When you are done, save the game and exit the jail.
If you encounter a Dragon Tank in this section, you have to destroy the head in the place. Later, you can attack the tank body and wheels. For additional safety, make certain that your HP is not less than 50. Lucca can heal you whenever you want. Escape the castle when you escape the gate.
So, are you ready to play Chrono Trigger with a complete success rate? It is time to bring the challenge to you. For more information, bookmark us. We will very soon bring you the second part. Good luck.