Live streaming has grown increasingly popular in recent times. From gaming, to cooking, or even simple vlogs, streaming content in real-time has become a quick way for people to showcase their talents or what goes on in their daily lives. Live streaming also lets you build an online audience and interact with them during streams. Currently, there are numerous platforms to live stream, with each garnering high audience interactions with every passing day.
What are Live Streaming Platforms?
What's in this article...
These are online platforms that users turn to when they want to showcase their content to their audience in real-time. There are several live streaming platforms available online, and users can choose which one fits them best depending on availability or niche. Live streaming platforms have also made it convenient for new streamers entering the industry to Livestream conveniently without the need for any heavy equipment or setup.
7 Best Live Streaming Platforms for Beginners
- Twitch: Twitch has grown in the past years to become one of the most popular streaming platforms. You can come across famous creators and even small creators who are just starting their live stream journey. Since its launch, Twitch has amassed a huge audience base with over 2 million people watching videos on the platform at any minute in time. Once beginners understand how to stream on Twitch, they can set up an account and start streaming easily. One can also take a look at how to customize Twitch channel to make it more accessible for better reach. The platform is available for PC, mobile, Playstation, and Xbox, which means that you do not need a variety of equipment for your first stream. The availability of different sources also makes it possible to stream from anywhere.
2. YouTube: Google’s most popular product, YouTube has established itself as one of the leading live streaming platforms available online. It comes with a simple, user-friendly interface which makes it perfect for those beginning to live stream. It also helps streamers build an audience for any kind of content such as gaming, cooking, vlogs, etc.
3. Facebook: Live streaming on Facebook is one of the simplest ways to stream, which makes it perfect for beginners. Because of the platform’s availability on different sources, one can live stream from anywhere and on any device. You can carry out gaming streams through Facebook gaming, or conduct simple streams like vlogs, just chatting, and more.
4. Lightstream: It is a multi-niche live streaming platform, which can be used from within a web browser itself. There is no requirement of having any external downloads, which means that streams live stream without any hurdle. One can use it to stream games, podcasts, radio shows, and much more. One of the best features included is Cloud capture, which eliminates the need for console users to have game capture cards. It also has a versatile interface and editor with easy navigation, which is perfect for beginner streamers.
5. LinkedIn live: If your niche is more formal and involves educational or professional content, then LinkedIn live is a decent platform for you to host live streams. The only requirement is that you have over 150 connections/followers. It is a perfect choice for beginner streamers who want to get into the niche of providing thoughtful, educational material online.
6. TikTok live: Over the past year or two, TikTok has gained significant popularity all across the world. It has garnered a huge audience and has also become a platform through which users can monetize their content. TikTok live is perfect for beginner streamers as the app lets you live stream from anywhere. You do not need any heavy equipment or a fancy setup to carry out live streams. Its vast audience base will also allow you to gather viewers quickly for your live streams.
7. Instagram live: Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms with a vast audience posting content almost every minute. Its live streaming feature is simple, which makes it easy for new streamers to test out how streaming works. Instagram live also lets you add people to your streams, so you can invite your friends to join you and make some creative content as well. It is also a free feature. All you require is a mobile phone and you are good to start streaming via Instagram.
The number of live streaming platforms available has made the streaming scenario more accessible to the public. Those looking to stream without having high-tech equipment, can still stream easily due to the different features available. For beginner streamers, live streaming may seem daunting at first, but with the help of these platforms, it is possible to start the streaming journey simply with the click of a button.