Having a reliable internet connection is now essential for the majority of businesses, as well as for those who work from home as entrepreneurs or remote workers. In all these cases, and in many others, using a vodafone phone booster makes it possible not to be faced with connection problems. This 5G amplifier will ensure a good signal inside and outside any building. You can find some information about this device in our article.
What exactly is a 5G booster?
What's in this article...
As its name suggests, a 5G booster aims to strengthen the signal of the mobile network to allow better reception. More precisely, this device picks up the emitted signal and multiplies it. The device obviously needs a signal to work, so it is useless in a white area. If your mobile phone works with a 5G SIM card, but the network coverage is poor, a vodafone phone signal booster will improve this coverage.
How does a 5G booster work?
In order to strengthen a signal, a 5G booster needs a minimal signal outside a specific area. The booster acquires a 5G network via the antenna of an external amplifier, which then transmits the captured signals to an amplifier box located in a building or vehicle.
The signal is intensified by the amplifier box which then reaches the indoor antenna. It broadcasts the reinforced signal in the coverage area of the amplifier. Cables connect each of the vital components of an amplifier. The complete kit also contains the power supply of the device.
How is it used?
Despite its high price, using a vodafone phone signal booster is a good option for people who are in areas with poor network coverage. Be aware that its use allows phones to reduce their maximum average output power from 250 mW to 900 MHz. On the other hand, the maximum output signal of an amplifier is of the order of 10 mW, and connecting to it remotely requires much less power.
What are the components of a mobile signal booster?
Any booster, for example, by UCtel, consists of three important elements:
- An external antenna: which is installed on the roof or façade of a building in order to best capture the mobile signal. These antennas can be omnidirectional (used in all directions) or mono-directional, depending on the desired use;
- An internal antenna: which is installed inside a house or building. This element is housed directly within a housing that is attached to a wall or ceiling of a room. Its signal is significantly weaker than that of the outdoor antenna to meet safety standards;
- An internal network amplification box: which connects the two antennas by a coaxial cable. This component establishes the characteristics of the amplified signal (targeted frequency bands, coverage, and power).
How do I connect an antenna booster?
After the purchase of the equipment, for example, by UCtel, and its authorization by the network operator, the installation time should not exceed one hour in total. The first thing to do is to place the outdoor antenna vertically in the best possible place, if possible on the roof or exterior walls of the building.
It is essential that it is located in an area perfectly covered by the antenna of the operator concerned and that it is well placed in its direction. This can be verified by examining the status of the corresponding 5G network from a mobile device.
- With the supplied coaxial cable, you need to connect the external antenna to the amplifier box;
- Use the second coaxial cable to connect it to the indoor antenna;
- Place the internal antenna in the desired location, the distance of which should not exceed 5 meters from the external antenna;
- You can install the 5G repeater anywhere and operate it with its electrical cord;
- After you finish connecting the equipment, you can turn on your amplifier to make sure it’s working properly. Depending on the amplifier model used, several LEDs and screen indicators allow the user to know how the network is doing. In order to accurately determine whether the extender is working properly, it is useful to perform a connection test before and after installation.
How to choose your 5G booster?
In choosing a 5G booster, the frequency band plays a crucial role. With the launch of 5G, operators are focusing on the already existing frequency bands, mainly 700 MHz and 2.1 GHz. The exploitation of the other frequencies is also feasible if providers could switch them to 5G. The main operators have already got their hands on the 3.5 GHz frequency in 2020, so its use will be planned for the near future.
Your choice of booster will therefore depend on the operator as well as the frequency it uses for 5G. This information is available on some websites that make a ranking. In this regard, different amplifiers are now classified according to the amount of frequency bands they can amplify.
These amplifiers are called single, dual or tri-band. Obviously, the best-ranked will be the most expensive, but will be more efficient. It is therefore essential to refer to its operator, it will cover all the criteria to be taken into account for the choice of your amplifier. Consulting the various forums and FAQs could help you make your choice of amplifier.
What are the advantages?
The 5G booster has been created to meet the needs of the most demanding customers. It could have an LCD display that allows you to easily monitor in real-time the variations in the strength of the output signal as well as the current state of the mobile network. This device comes with an interesting feature.
You don’t need to buy any other components to start using this device because the 5G amplifier kit has all the useful cables and brackets. This 5G amplifier has a coverage area that can reach 300 square meters.
Thanks to this coverage, it is a good choice for residential buildings and businesses. In addition, you can boost the mobile network of your smartphone with 4G SIM card using a 5G amplifier to improve the signal and internet flow.